Both Melissas, Bethany, Mike - welcome, and thanks for following my blog!
Like I said - it could be a valium deficiency.......
Hehe....I mean, who in their right mind would sacrifice 36 sq.ft. of garden space for an entire season just to make more compost? My biggest problem, is that I think too much...That last truckload of leaves was just sitting there on the ground in their respective bags, and I looked over at the 4x9 box next to the woods and thought "hmm..." After thinking about the less than ideal yields it's produced over the last 3 years (because of limited sunlight exposure), I started dumping leaves into the enclosure lickety split. This newest addition increases my composting area to 388 cubic feet, or a little over 14 cubic yards....When completely decomposed, all efforts should yield about 4 cubic yards of finished compost. Ha! I know...it's insane! Now, where's my crown? hehe...(the undisputed king of backyard composting)
In other news, the garden planning for 2011 is complete, and is gonna be comprised of mostly melons and tomatoes. I figure about 6 different kinds of melons and 15 different varieties of tomatoes will be grown - making this the year of vertical gardening around here. The only thing to get worked out, is where to put the beans....If I don't grow beans - there will be a revolt, for sure! Hmm....I wonder if squirrels will bother beans, if tried in the "squirrel hot spot" next to the little playhouse? Something to think about, for sure.
Speaking of squirrels, the trap was put in storage about a month ago, because acorns were (and still are) in abundance for them to eat. So, I decided that it would be better if implemented toward the last part of winter - when food is in short supply...hehe...yeah, i've got a plan!
No outdoor projects have been done around the house, but I did manage to do some work on one of the heat pump units in our 2 story home. It's had a very slow refrigerant leak for a while, and has to be fixed before warm weather hits. So, I spent last Saturday methodically testing the unit to get a vague idea of which part the leak was in, and finally determined that it was where I suspected - the condenser coil. I'll likely do a post on the repair, just in case anyone might be helped from it.
Take care, and happy composting