Alot was done over the weekend, but not everything that was initially planned. Most of the day Saturday was spent christmas shopping (blech), then I checked a gas heating unit for a friend later that evening. More tweaking was performed on the propagation control system later that night, but Sunday was the day that I was truly waiting for.
Sunday morning was spent helping my wife clean the house (I hate this chore!), but the sooner it was finished - the quicker I could get outside and really get something accomplished. That is - finish the shelves on one wall of the shed, and fill them with some of my many gadgets and supplies that are laying all over the place.
After completely organizing everything on that side, I realized that the benefits of this shed were going to surpass what was initially expected. Yeah...there's tons of room in there!
As a matter of fact, i'm even putting the propagation chamber AND the two level propagation system that I frequently refer to as the "shelf" system in there too. Every inch of wall space will be utilized from floor to ceiling, and even things with a long profile (like shovels and rakes) will be supported from the rafters . Hehe... I love it! Also, it looks like the compost turning system will be started on a little sooner than anticipated. As you might imagine, a trip to the local landfill will be necessary in the very near future, because some items laying around are nothing more than garbage or waste material. It's a good thing I have a really big truck!
Sorry for the absence of pictures, but it wouldn't be smart to show any. I'm sure you understand. With 6-8 more pieces of lumber from Lowes, the second set of shelves will be finished-and the 2 propagation systems will be put into their new home. Sometime in the spring of next year, the little 7x5 playhouse will be fixed up pretty much the same way. Doing so will allow me to store all of the earthtainer stuff in there, as well as the buckets full of growing medium that goes in them.
The only thing that didn't go as planned was addressing the compost bins. There just wasn't enough time left, and the shed was more important. I'll get to them soon....
Anyway, that's pretty much what EG got done over the weekend, and I hope yours was fruitful, too.
Take care, and happy gardening