Anyway, I decided to tackle the clumped up grass clippings that remained in the center bin, as well as add shredded leaves to all three. In the photo below, you can see how bad some of the clumps were. Oh gosh....it was a mess to deal with, let me tell ya!
Photo below - the one on the right was easy - just added shredded leaves to it, then watered the pile.
Since the center bin doesn't have a front on it, I decided to keep this particular pile pretty small.This should be enough clumped up grass clippings for now, and at least 4 loads of leaves were added to it.
Photo below - So, this is what the bins look like now. I must be crazy for making this much compost. Whew
Thankfully, the pile of leaves out front has been reduced drastically, and I know my Dad is ready for them to be gone. I ran a water line in his house over the weekend - so maybe he'll be ok with the pile for a few more weeks. I'm sure it'll be just fine....
Lastly, I took advantage of those apple cores from the recent apple butter extravaganza, and added them to the barrel that I cursed repeatedly 2 years ago. This is the final time to try this stupid thing, as i'll really watch how many "greens" are added to it this time.
In other news, I am injured again. Excruciating back spasms have me down for the count right now, and i'll have to take it easy over the next 2 weeks. That sux, because I was really wanting to get started on the construction of the compost turner. Pain medication, muscle relaxers, heating pad, and a back brace are my best friends right now. As you can imagine I've worked extremely hard my entire life, and will have to reduce the workload one of these days. I just keep forgetting that I'm not 21 anymore.......
Take care, and happy composting