While waiting for the load to arrive, I decided to get started on the new pallet bins. I came up with a different design for this setup, because it would need to be pretty sturdy. Extra strength would be needed since the piles will be turned mechanically later. The only problem with this construction, was that all of the pallets were different sizes. This wasn't good, and I really had to add alot of lumber to make them pretty much the same. I'll most likely do the ones on the left the same way, as soon as the contents are removed later.
Photo below - This load of leaves was so big, that I had to have them dumped in my parent's front yard. Holy moly.........I may need to build more bins. I learned something from this ordeal - when someone pulls into your driveway, and asks what you're planning to do with all those leaves - you have got ALOT of leaves. As soon as I'm well, everyone of them will be relocated with the use of my wheelbarrow. Yeah....like 2,000 loads or something.....Hehe
Oh well, at least they're already shredded, and i'll be able to make enough compost to fill the deeper garden next spring. I'm a big time composter, now!
For now, all I can do is stare at the big pile - because even a simple trip to the mailbox causes me to cough uncontrollably. I think I'm on the road to recovery, though.
Take care, and happy composting.